Bluebird Ballet Variation
The Bluebird ballet variation is the first variation that I teach to Intermediate Ballet students. It is adaptable and utilizes steps that are a part of their ballet curriculum. This video is designed to be easier to learn than a performance video off of YouTube. I also recommend it to ballet teachers as a teaching aid as it is broken down into sections.
Outline of the video:
- A professional dancer demonstrates the variation en pointe
- The variation is repeated with the dancer’s back to the camera so it is easy to learn. A commentary is added to this segment.
- The variation is repeated in slow motion for detail with commentary.
- A segment of substitutions for some steps are offered and demonstrated.
- The entire variation is repeated from the beginning again.
If you wish to take this as a course, I recommend the following videos in addition to the “Bluebird” variation:
- Intermediate Pointe and Pirouette Class Video
- Floor Barre 1
- Ballet Floor Barre 2
- Stretch and strengthen your ballet feet 2-book
A ballet class video allows you to watch and review at your own speed. This allows you to digest the details and build strength. Each exercise is repeated twice.
Designed for the Intermediate Ballet student, it can be learned at home and perfected at your studio! It can also be learned on demi-pointe if you prefer.
Use it not only for improving your technique but also to challenge yourself to learn a longer sequence of steps and build endurance.
True convenience~ you can do this at your own pace at home or at the studio! Classes available to suit your schedule. You can also improve at your own rate.
Sign up to be an Accidental Artist Member and have access to our free library which includes “How to Practice Ballet at Home”. In the library will be a three free chapters from my e-book Dancer’s Guide to Strong & Beautiful Feet.You will also have access to Q & A in our private Facebook group as a member.