Beginning Ballet Class Video–The Barre
Start your Beginning Ballet Class with the barre video. Here you will learn the fundamentals of Beginning Ballet. It is a thorough introduction for novices and includes tips for any level who wish to refine their technique. Recommended for Beginning Ballet teachers as a teaching aid.
Follow my professional dancer as she demonstrates the basics from plié through grand battements. This is definitely a “how-to” video as unique exercises are included for:
- ~neutral pelvis
- ~weight shift and more!
Recommended stretches are demonstrated. All exercises include narration.
This class should be repeated a minimum of six times before advancing to Class 2. Beginning Ballet Class Center is also available.
More about this video~
The class is demonstrated by a professional dancer. Most of the combinations do not require much space so that you can practice at home. Additionally, all Accidental Artist Members will receive a discount code in this month’s newsletter!
Certain times of the year ballet dancers and students need new ideas and approaches to their technique. I hope you find this class refreshing and helpful!
- A ballet class video allows you to watch and review at your own speed. This allows you to digest the details and build strength. Each exercise is repeated twice.
- Designed for the beginning ballet student, it can be done in part and build up to the full class. The center class is a separate video. Add it after you have worked on the barre first.
- It can be used not only for improving your technique but also to get in shape or maintain technique.
- True convenience~ you can do this at your own pace at home or at the studio! Class at your fingertips and you can improve at your own rate.
- Another consideration could be finances. Perhaps you are between jobs or on a tight budget. Following this class is like taking a private lesson which can be expensive!
'Be a good dance friend and share with friends so they can they improve their technique at home!Click To TweetI find that ballet dancers are organized, determined and do not want to miss class intentionally. So with my express permission~ take class at home to reinforce your studio ballet class.
Sign up to be an Accidental Artist Member and have access to our free library. In the library will be a pdf list of all the exercises in this video + some free chapters from my e-book Dancer’s Guide to Strong & Beautiful Feet. You will also have access to Q & A in our private Facebook group as a member.
Other videos are available such as Beginning Ballet Complete Class 2, Intermediate Pointe & Pirouette Ballet Class, Ballet Floor Barre 1 ,and Ballet Floor Barre 2 which are amazing tools to train ballet muscles and stretch on your own. Floor barres will give you instant awareness of your technique and help with center work.
What people are saying about our Ballet Floor Barres:
“Absolutely love both floor barre videos. I find them very helpful for warm-ups or included in a full ballet class. I also gathered a few pointers I would not have known before and love how certain positions target the transverse abdominal muscles as well as strengthen the psoas muscles for proper leg extensions. Very good videos I love them”.
“To help engage turnout muscles, Power recommends floor barre, which gives dancers the feeling of full-leg turnout, without any danger of using the floor to tweak the joints.”