TUTU SKIRT CONSTRUCTION:
Our custom handmade and original designs are different than many tutus on the market. They are not strips of fabric that are knotted onto a strip of elastic. For a formal event, I like to have the waist set and smooth. With tulle strips they hang and the little girl’s legs will show. The tulle does not hang down neatly since it is in strips. My tulle skirts are always tightly gathered tulle fabric in one piece.
TutusChic tutus are modeled after professionally constructed classical ballet tutus. Each layer is meticulously gathered and reinforced by a three stitch technique. Fullness is reflected in the amount of tulle used in the gathering process, not by the number of tulle layers. The ribbon is sewn onto the waist band and is lined with another ribbon for a finished look and durability.
- unlined tutus are not sewn up the back with a seam, but the tulle does overlap for modesty.
- close with a sturdy hook and eye with some allowance for an adjustment instead of a zipper. The waist line is not elastic. I choose not to use elastic because of the rumpled appearance. The waist is smooth.
- tulle is somewhat transparent. True opacity can only be achieved by lining a tulle skirt. It is personal preference for little girls. If you are having a very formal wedding, you may prefer a lined tutu for your Flower Girl(s).
- the skirt is fluffy enough to overlap in back. I have not found it necessary to sew up the back. Only the lining of women’s and children’s lined tutus are sewn in the back with a seam.
- If you want to see many customers in my skirts– please check out my FB page!
SIZING FOR CHILDREN & ADULTS:
- Please measure the natural waist, above your belly button, for the correct measurement all tulle skirts/tutus.
- Children’s tutus are considered tutus with waists of 24″ or less. You will be invoiced for a women’s size if larger than 24″.
- Women’s tutus : 25- 29″. Women’s waists of 30-35″ will be invoiced an additional $25. In order to keep the integrity of the level of poof in the tulle’s appearance, more yardage will be needed for sizes beyond a 29” waist. Photos of tutus are on models with 24″-28” waists.
TULLE SKIRT LENGTH:
- Length is measured from your natural waistline to where you wish the tulle to end. Tulle will float so allow a 1″ variance. Satin lining will be shorter than tulle.
- Custom length is included in your listing.
What is your return policy? All sales are final on our products, we do not accept returns or exchanges. Each creation is custom made for you and shipped with great care. Please note that there may be color variations due to lighting between photos and computer monitors. Additionally, my suppliers may change the color of their product after a photo is published. Please supply your specific color by photo or a fabric swatch, if you are attempting to match a specific color palette.
There are no returns on leotards, custom tutus, custom headpieces or rush orders.
Refunds are offered on ready-to-ship items, not including leotards, on a case by case basis. If any alterations are requested, the garment is no longer ready-to-ship, therefore not eligible for a refund.