Ballet Floor Barre Video 2
How would you like to learn something that keeps you in decent shape for ballet class without going to class? A ballet warm-up and floor barre does just that for you whether you go to class or not. This is Video #2 of my video series. This video includes some different areas of work than Video #1.
- how to locate your transverse abdominals
- how to work on your neutral pelvis and maintain with the TA muscles
- enhanced clamshell exercise
- upper body strength specific for port de bras
- upper back strength for arabesque and attitude
- stretches- psoas, inner thigh, shoulders
- front extension strength/builder
- dynamic core
- Sun Salutation
The larger benefits of ballet floor barre are:
- A ballet floor barre that builds from a warm-up to a sequence that includes flexibility, strength, and control.
- Designed for any level ballet student, it can be done in part and build up to the full routine.
- It can be used not only for improving your technique but also to get in shape or maintain technique.
- I love that you can do this at your own convenience at home or at the studio! Ballet conditioning at your fingertips to improve at your own rate.
- My videos are priced lower than a ballet class and be repeated as often as you like.
- a break from routine, when injured or when there are time constraints in your life.
Another consideration could be finances. Perhaps you are between jobs or on a tight budget. Following this floor barre is like taking a private lesson with me which can be expensive!
'Be a good dance friend and share with friends so they can they improve their technique at home!Click To TweetI find that ballet dancers are organized, determined and do not want to miss class intentionally. So with my express permission~ take class at home with Ballet Floor Barre 1 or 2, or both for variety!
Ballet Floor Barre 1 can be found here!
“To help engage turnout muscles, Power recommends floor barre, which gives dancers the feeling of full-leg turnout, without any danger of using the floor to tweak the joints.”
Sign up to be an Accidental Artist Member and have access to our free library. In the library will be a pdf list of all the exercises in this video + a free e-book Dancer’s Guide to Strong & Beautiful Feet.